Simple and Easy 7-Minute Icing
Use a double boiler and hand mixer to make this super simple icing come to life. Use for cakes, pound cakes or your favorite cupcakes.
- 3 egg whites (I use an egg separator like this)
- 1 ½ cups white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 TBSP of ice cold water
- Assemble your double boiler and fill up your pot about ⅓ of the way with water. Bring water to a nice boil over medium-high heat. You don’t want the water to touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Once ready, place your bowl on top of the saucepot of the double boiler.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of your double boiler. Some recipes tell you to put it in a certain order, but this recipe is so simple it doesn’t seem to make a difference.
- Once combined, use the hand mixer to beat the mixture over the simmering water, starting at low speed. Gradually increase to full speed for about 5-7 minutes.
- Pull the bowl off the sauce pot and continue to beat for another minute or two.
- This icing may take more or less than 7 minutes. Look for glossy, sticky, stiff peaks that are super fluffy.
© 2022 www.theproperpen.com